Thursday, February 25, 2010

WINTER WHITES TURNING INTO THE BLUES

Winter.....I am getting to the point where I need to find the beauty in this the longest season of my year...
to get me thru the sunless days weeks on end...
the chill to the bone cold at night ... to survive the not so feminine layers of flannel shirts and sweats worn to keep warm
 because 60 degrees is as high as I dare go ....just to keep the gas bills under 4 digits a month  for 2 people.....
I wanted an old home ... I wanted high ceilings .... I wanted 37 windows ......
I need to find the humor... while watching the vintage curtains inside this old house move with the gusty winds outside......
so yesterday after an overnight snow storm passed
I decided to see the good of moving to the country at this stage in my life.....
to see the beauty in my surroundings

I Just had to look out my front door windows ..how pretty snow is on bare branches


How picture postcard the view into my backyard from my laundry mudroom really is

and I even had to giggle seeing the old clubhouse in the tree 
(renamed the "daughter in law suite" when we first moved in)
 
To remember how charming and picturesque an old red barn really is



How God like a white steeple church is

How much I love victorian homes!
 Their colors playing against the snow seeming so important and grand

How the layers of snow can hide the years


                                         and even 2 mile wide lakes...


                                                
            Covering the present .... bringing you back in time .....

I have succeeded in seeing the beauty of winter...
how could I not ....
This is the most stunning Feb 24th I have ever seen!
And I know beneath all my layers of plaid
in my heart the crocus's and tulips are starting their journey upward..........

pam


"In the depth of winter
 I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
Albert Camus

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I enjoyed reading this. I am anxious for spring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so darn sick of winter, but looking at your photographs and reading your text has put me in a much better mood. I guess I should appreciate the beauty more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Architecture covered in natures warm white winter gowns, So gorgeous, Would make most beautiful post cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning views and homes I would live in any one of them well maybe not the farm looks like alot of work lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i finallySAW IT ALL ITS ABSOLUTLY UNBELEIVABLY BEAUTIFUL WHAT A VERY TALENTED NEICE I HAVE LOVE YOU AUNT LUCILLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh!!!!!! I'm looking at the most beautiful scenes, camera-work, and the person behind the camera!! ......Richard

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing blog, and the pictures are so fantastic! I so enjoyed it all so much, thanks for brightening my rainy winter night :)
    MJ

    ReplyDelete